Prevent a Second Heart Attack: 8 Foods, 8 Weeks to Reverse Heart Disease
Reverse your heart disease in just eight weeks by harnessing the power of the Mediterranean Diet. If you're one of the 13 million Americans who have survived a heart attack or been diagnosed with heart disease, Dr. Janet Bond Brill offers a delicious and foolproof plan that can lower your risk of a second heart attack by up to 70 percent. Inspired by the heart-healthy Mediterranean diet, the Prevent a Second Heart Attack Plan is based on satisfaction, rather than deprivation.
Backed by cutting edge research, Dr. Brill explains:
• Why the Mediterranean diet is the gold standard of heart-healthy eating.
• How "good carbs" such as oatmeal and popcorn lower bad cholesterol, prevent high blood pressure, and control your weight.
• The science behind eating fish for heart health.
• Why having a glass of red wine with dinner is great for your heart—and which wines are the best choices.
• The easiest, most delicious daily habit that will cut your heart attack risk.
Packed with every tool you need to eat your way to better heart health—including daily checklists, a complete two-week eating plan, and dozens of mouthwatering recipes to suit every meal, taste, and budget—Prevent a Second Heart Attack provides you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to live long and enjoy the good life, the heart healthy way.